A night walk to Snowdon’s summit for sunrise
See the sunrise in the east over Snowdonia from the summit of Snowdon itself.
You’ll meet up in the Llanberis mountain railway car park at a designated time for a full safety briefing.
Each group will have at least two guides (one front and one back)* to lead you up the track in what will be relative darkness to begin with (less the head torches). As you progress, the twilight will begin to surface, and it will get light well before the sun is due to break the horizon.
You will reach the summit area in good time for you to relax and enjoy the sunrise.
After all of your hard work, you will return to Llanberis for a hearty full Welsh breakfast (you will have earned it)!
Costs and funding options
The cost of the trip is £75 per person (£30 deposit + £45 balance). There are two funding options.
- You pay for the trip direct to Travel and Trek Limited (£30 deposit on booking + £45 balance four weeks prior to departure).
- Fundraise as much as you can for Katharine House.
- Donations come directly to us, usually through an online donation website such as Enthuse.
- Pay a £30 deposit direct to Travel and Trek Limited.
- Commit to raising a minimum of £90, usually through an online donation website such as Enthuse or JustGiving.
- Reach your £90 fundraising target 4 weeks prior to departure.
- From that £90, Katharine House pays Travel and Trek Limited the remaining £45 trip fee and put the rest of the money to good use—providing hospice care and support to the people of Mid Staffordshire.
How to book your place
Snowdon Summit for Sunrise is managed by Travel and Trek. To find out more about this challenge and to book your place, please visit Travel and Trek – Snowdon.