Recycle your real Christmas tree (treecycle) and raise cash to fund care services for people in need of hospice care and support.
Back by popular demand for January 2024! Recycle your Christmas tree hassle free.
For a small donation, our free collection service helps you to sustainably dispose of your tree after Christmas. The team at Veolia will collect the tree directly from your property and take it away to be chipped and later turned into peat-free compost.
Last year we collected an amazing 897 trees with the money raised paying for a fantastic 800 hours of nursing care. We really hope to increase the number of trees this year enabling even more people to receive the specialist care they need.
How it works
- Register your tree (opens 15 November 2023 and closes midnight 4 January 2024)
- Make a donation
- Wait for our email to confirm when our helpers at Veolia will collect your tree
- Leave your real tree outside on collection day (not pots or containers, please)
- Sit back and congratulate yourself for being amazing!
What happens to the trees?
Once collected the trees are taken to Mill Farm Recycling near Eccleshall where they are shredded and eventually recycled into a quality peat-free compost which is then used by a variety of customers including landscapers, farmers and national bagging companies to supply garden centres and DIY stores.
Christmas tree collections are available in the following postcode areas:
With thanks to Homes Plus for sponsoring our 2023 Christmas tree collection!
We want to thank our wonderful Christmas tree collection partners:
- Just Helping, for arranging the Christmas Tree Collection campaign to support hospices across the UK, and
- Veolia, for sending out the elves to pick up and recycle all the trees at no cost to the Hospice.
And last but not least, thank you to all of you fantastic tree recyclers!