Lean on Us
Are you a carer who is working in the day?
Are you someone who’d like to belong to a carers group but can’t find one in the evening?
Read on – this may be for you!
The Carers Association of South Staffordshire and Katharine House Hospice are pleased to announce that they are now working in partnership on a new project for working age carers.
Lean on Us’ has been set up as a support group for carers of working age to have some time out from the caring role and to have the support of other like-minded people. The group facilitators will be Gill Knight, Social Worker from Katharine House and Jane Hinton from South Staffordshire Carers Association.
The group meet between 7.00pm and 9.00pm on the first Thursday of the month at Katharine House, Weston Road, Stafford ST16 3SB.
The aims of the group are:
• To offer support for people in similar situations
• To alleviate some of the isolation often felt by carers
• To provide advice and help on up to date information
• To enable carers to seek practical and emotional support
• To provide benefits advice
• To gain peer support
Please feel welcome to join us, for further advice contact Gill Knight on 01785 270836 (answerphone facility)