Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum, dependent on knowledge and experience
Job Ref: HITSA02
Providing free specialist palliative care through a range of services to the people of Mid Staffordshire since 1989, Katharine House Hospice exists to offer the best care so that people in our community, affected by progressive illnesses, can live life to the full. Primarily a voluntary organisation, we are supported by donations from the local community and the services of over 600 volunteers and 230 staff.
Are you as good with people as you are computers? We are looking to recruit an experienced Systems Administrator with an in-depth knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop operating systems and Microsoft Office applications who will be responsible for the day to day support of the IT systems, networks and supporting software within our organisation. You will have experience providing 1st and 2nd line technical support within a business Domain environment across multiple sites. The successful candidate will have good analytical and problem solving skills as well as excellent communication skills. You will have a good understanding of and experience with:
• LAN/WAN architecture including TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Patching, Wireless.
• IT Security including Firewalls, Endpoint Security Products, User Access Control and Group Policy.
• Print Server Management and support of both Managed and Unmanaged printers.
• Microsoft Server 2012R2 (and later), Active Directory in a mixed Physical and Microsoft HyperV environment.
• Microsoft Exchange server 2013 (and later).
• Backup systems using Windows Server Backup (a Knowledge of Veeam products would also be an advantage).
• Microsoft Window 10 Professional.
• Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, PowerPoint.
Formal IT qualifications would be beneficial (ITIL, MCSE/MCP, CISCO, CompTIA A+ or N+).
Please note DBS clearance will be required for this role.
Application packs can be downloaded from the Katharine House website www.khhospice.org.uk or requested by contacting the Personnel Office on 01785 218257 or by email from firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion about this post please contact Richard Gathercole, IT Manager, on 01785 254645.
Closing date: 5pm on Monday, 6th December 2021.
Please note: Completed applications may be emailed to email@example.com or submitted as hard copies, by the closing date above; unfortunately we are unable to accept or consider CV’s
Internal applicants should apply via an expression of interest letter outlining the reasons for your interest and detailing any relevant experience.