All donations are very much appreciated by everyone at Katharine House Hospice. Families and friends who despite their heartache want to do something to help the hospice. Many people find making a contribution to the hospice in honour and celebration of the life of a loved one comforting.
There are several different ways in which you give a gift in memory and celebrate the life of a loved one.
Donations in lieu of funeral flowers
If you would like to support us through a collection at a funeral or memorial service, many funeral directors will be able to arrange this for you and forward the donations to Katharine House Hospice.
The hospice is happy to provide collection envelopes which can be personalised to the deceased and enable supporters to ‘Gift Aid’ their donation which can increase the donation by 25%. To request envelopes please contact your Funeral Directors or the hospice for the details
When all of your gifts have been received, we will inform you of the total amount raised in memory of your loved one.
If you would like to make a one-off gift in memory of someone special then there are several ways to do this:
- You can make a donation online please add who the donation is in memory of in the additional comments box - click here
- Download our Donation Form and forward to the hospice (it is attached at the bottom of the page).
- Send in a cheque direct to the charity. Please ensure that you inform us who your gift is in memory of and forward your donation to the address below making your cheque payable to Katharine House Hospice.
- Make your gift over the telephone by calling: 01785 270808 between the hours of 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Support our annual Light up a Life Appeal by sponsoring a light on the hospice Christmas tree in memory of a loved one. A light will shine for them on the hospice Christmas tree throughout the festive season and their name will be entered into the Book of Memories which is displayed in the hospice chapel.
Make a regular donation
By making a regular donation to the hospice you will enable us to plan more effectively for the future by providing a regular guaranteed income. It is up to you how much and how often you would like to give. Please contact the fundraising team by phone: 01785 270808l or click here.
A Tribute Fund is named after the person who has died and becomes a special way to pay lasting tribute to someone you love and at the same time support local people who have life limiting and life threatening conditions, and their families.
When you, your family or friends donate to, or raise money for, the Trust in memory of your loved one, your donations will be added to your special Fund.
Whilst many Fund holders undertake sponsored challenges or events to raise money, a large number like to make straightforward donations to their fund, such as in lieu of presents or on a special anniversary.
Did you know if you have ever made a donation in memory of a loved one you could open a Tribute Fund in their name?
Gift Aid - Increasing your gift at no extra cost to you
If you are a UK tax-payer we can claim an extra 25% of the value of your donation from the Government at no extra cost to you. Gift Aid allows us to reclaim the tax from the Government that you have already paid on your donation; all you need to do is tick the Gift Aid box.