Experience thousands of years of history on the Great Wall as it forges its relentless, undulating and seemingly endless path through China.
- Trek the Great Wall; 2000 years of history built to repel all invaders. It's a world icon, a sight to behold and one that should not be missed.
- Camp on the wall on the final night to experience the silence and sunrise
- We avoid the most popular locations
- Accommodated close to the Wall; less travelling in vehicles
- Includes a Forbidden City and Tianenmen Square tour, no forced shopping!
- 2 nights in Beijing included
- Professional guides; english speaking, minimum of 2 years experience.
- 9 days UK-UK trip (international flights included)
- 5 days trekkking
- Stay in local farmhouses close to the Wall; learn to make Chinese dumplings with a local family.
- All meals on trek and B & B in hotels provided.
- Difficulty - Challenging.
Our itinerary snatches the best of the Wall, ranging from original sections to restored watchtowers, from wide open vistas to narrow overgrown paths, it all forges its way over mountains and through valleys.
Our final night on the trek, when everyone else has gone, we trek back up to the Watchtower and camp overnight to experience the silence and see the sun rise (camping equipment supplied).
You may extend your time in China by taking the opportunity to see the Terracotta Warriors (Xi'an) and maybe the Chengdu Research Base of Panda Breeding too.
Self Funded Option - £1,950 (no minimum fundraising target; £350 deposit)
Flexi Funded Option - You pay £350 deposit; then another £500 interim payment and fundraise a minimum of £2,200
Fully Funded Option - You pay £350 deposit and fundraise a minimum of £3,200
Anything you raise over and above £3,200 comes straight to the hospice.
For further information contact our fundraising office on 01785 270808 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.