Location: Stafford Common, Stone Road, Stafford, ST16 1NS
Bookings are now CLOSED and there is NO REGISTRATION ON THE DAY.
We want you to have a really fabulous time, and so here’s a few important pointers for you to remember:
- Roadworks…at present the Stone Road A34 is open in both directions. However, if at the last minute things change, please follow the diversion below. Our lovely volunteers will be putting out signs to the event in the morning to please look out for those as you approach the A34.
- Car Park Free car parking is available on Stafford Common. Please enter only via the Stone Road, A34 entrance and our marshals will guide you.
- Your bib number – Your number was posted to you along with your fundraising pack when you signed up to the event. Please wear this prominently on your outer wear and remember to complete the emergency contact details on the back. This is imperative for safety reasons. Should you need medical attention our medics will need access to this quickly.
- If you cannot find your bib, please do your best to find it! However if it is lost you can collect a replacement at our sponsorship hand in point from 9.00 am tomorrow.
- Registration and Warm UP Our registration desk and event village opens at 9.00 am. When you arrive please go to our registration desk and sign in.
- Please arrive and sign in at least 30 minutes before your wave time. All waves are full and places cannot now be swapped. For Health & Safety reasons and to avoid serious congestion at obstacles as much as possible, please stick to your allocated wave time. You will not get around the course any quicker by entering an earlier wave as this will cause more congestion and queues at obstacles. Please listen to the announcements on the day, your wave will be called to the warm up area 10 minutes before your start time.
- Route The 10K route is 2 laps of the 5K route. Please follow our volunteer marshalls and orange flags around the course.
- If you feel unable to tackle an obstacle please go around it.
- Event Village There will be facepainting available at £4 per person. (All profits go to our hospice). This is to be paid for at our sponsorship hand in point.
- There will be a pizza oven, bbq stand, and a licenced bar for you to enjoy (Please drink responsibly). The food stands are cash only and technology permitting the bar should be accepting card payments.
- Toilets are available at the start/finish point.
- Sponsorship – If you have raised sponsorship offline you may bring this with you and hand it in at our sponsorship hand in point at the registration marquees. Please remember to bring your completed sponsor form with you so that we can claim any eligible gift aid.
- Photos Our wonderful volunteer photographer will be snapping away all day. The photos will then be shared on his facebook page “Photography by Paul-Milgate Scarrott” and our facebook page @Katharine House Hospice Stafford. Please like, tag yourselves and share share share!
How you have helped So far, you have helped us to raise an astonishing £36,938. We have smashed our original target of £30,000 and now really hope to reach £40,000. With your help we know we can get there. You are doing something absolutely amazing and your support will ensure we can continue to provide our free care services to our patients and their families for many years to come.
We hope you have a really enjoyable day, please remember to share your event photos on social media along with a link to your Just Giving page and help us reach that magic £40K!
We want you to have a great time at the Neon Night Fun Run. However, you may be refused admission to or be removed from the event if you behave in a manner which has or is likely to aﬀect the enjoyment of other people at the event. If you use threatening, abusive or insulting words or mannerisms, if, in the organisers reasonable opinion, you are acting irresponsibly or unreasonably under the inﬂuence of alcohol or drugs. We cannot accept liability for your safety on the course if you are under the inﬂuence of alcohol, and if you have been drinking alcohol you must take part at your own risk. If you are taking part in the Neon Night Fun Run you must be in a ﬁt state of health and capable of completing the route. Katharine House Hospice can accept no liability for any accident or injury that may occur as a result of taking part in the Neon Night Fun Run. Please wear appropriate clothing and footwear. Whilst we do oﬀer a licenced bar please drink responsibly and bear in mind you will be running/walking in the dark on public roads
This event is kindly sponsored by